My eldest is six and we began reading chapter books last year. Check back often for updates. If you need more chapter book recommendations, please check out my resources page.
- Happy Little Family (#1) by Rebecca Caudill, and others in the Fairchild Family series
- More Milly-Molly-Mandy by Joyce Lankester Brisley, and others in series
- The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
- Little House in the Big Woods (#1) by Laura Ingalls Wilder and others in The Little House Series
- The Sword in the Tree by Clyde Robert Bulla
- The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi, illustrated by Roberto Innocenti
Be aware: one image is not suitable for young children.
- The Complete Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien